Wednesday 11 March 2015

At the start of last year, I had no idea what I wanted to do.

Then along came Vaughn's 3D class and a series called "the Next Greatest Starship" by the people who are currently making Star Citizen, the biggest funded and highest detailed game for their scope in pretty much ever. Tthe above video is all in game, the final game (without expansions) is stated to be over 100gb.

Linked below is the playlist of the entire thing, it's hours upon hours long but for me, it's why I thought 3D stuff might actually be a viable thing.



 I never got to do art in high-school, and since then my drawings fell through, even though I still kept loving drawing with words in excerpts and back stories for my characters or lore about the worlds I imagined. My graphics teacher (after being told i had to do physics instead of art I was made to take graphics) used to sleep at his desk and refuse to help anyone who needed help, gave us a list of stuff to do at age 14-17 at told us to do it, just wasn't viable for any sort of learning, so as others and friends surpassed me I gave up at a hope of using visuals in my head, breaking things into how they'd work logically, at resolved to doing stuff I was good at, computer science / coding (which works the same way but with pure logic rather than visuals).

But then Vaughn's class and Starcitizen came along (I'd always wanted to work in the game industry somehow) and made me hope that maybe one day I could leave an impact on people and have them be like 'caww, that design is amazing' to something I made, and slowly my drawings evolve. Even though I get severely frustrated at not being able to jott down the literal visions in my head, I'm appreciative of the opportunity provided by Rachael and Kathryn of the SIT Downtime Visual Arts / Digital Media, and giving me a chance to learn.

So thank you for opening my world.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVct2QDhDrB0QRjv9oN02f8mGsml8tcK9 <-- a link to all the commercials, in fiction, for the ships they make, Akin to advertising a truck or a car. Almost short films in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment